*Subject to change
- John Tocco, Wynn Resorts Director of Community Relations and Jennie Peterson, Project Manager to give an update on the Wynn Boston Harbor Casino.
- Forum on New School at Parkland Ave Site: Brant Duncan, Head of Lynn Teachers Union, speaking in favor of, and Don Castle, opposing the Parkland Ave School Location.
- Old Business
- New Business
Members of the Government Affairs Committee meet once a month to discuss current issues impacting our business community. The Lynn Area Chamber of Commerce serves the City of Lynn, MA and towns of Lynnfield, MA, Swampscott, MA and Nahant, MA. The Lynn Area Chamber of Commerce represents over 100 different professions on Boston’s north shore. The Government Affairs Committee oversees the public affairs events and public policy positions and initiatives and makes recommendations to the Board of Directors. As issues relate to Chamber members and Lynn area’s economy and our quality of life, the Committee tracks the:
- Legislative activity of the executive boards of the respective communities and their respective committees
- Regulatory activity of numerous city and town boards and commissions
- Administrative and enforcement activity of various city and town departments and agencies
- State legislative initiatives.
The Committee is responsible for maintaining a positive and productive relationship with; city and town governments the business/employer/developer community and the communities at large. The Government Affairs Committee members shall be appointed by the Chairman of the Board.
This committee meeting is open to all members. Email Leslie Gould at Leslie@lynnareachamber.com if you are interested in joining the committee.