*Subject to change
- Retailers Association of MA will update GAC on “Grand Bargain” Compromise.
- Discussion re: Economic Development Bill that could provide up to $500,000 a year in tax credits to merchants who occupy vacant storefronts in downtown areas. The promise of new jobs would help a retailer’s case, but it’s not required. Other factors could come into play: anticipated pedestrian traffic, synergy with nearby businesses, a commitment to improve the storefront, matching funds from a landlord or community.
- Old Business
- New Business
Members of the Government Affairs Committee meet once a month to discuss current issues impacting our business community. The Lynn Area Chamber of Commerce serves the City of Lynn, MA, and towns of Lynnfield, MA, Swampscott, MA and Nahant, MA. The Lynn Area Chamber of Commerce represents over 100 different professions on Boston’s north shore. The Government Affairs Committee oversees the public affairs events and public policy positions and initiatives and makes recommendations to the Board of Directors. As issues relate to Chamber members and Lynn area’s economy and our quality of life, the Committee tracks the:
- Legislative activity of the executive boards of the respective communities and their respective committees
- Regulatory activity of numerous city and town boards and commissions
- Administrative and enforcement activity of various city and town departments and agencies
- State legislative initiatives.
The Committee is responsible for maintaining a positive and productive relationship with: city and town governments the business/employer/developer community and the communities at large. The Government Affairs Committee members shall be appointed by the Chairman of the Board.
This committee meeting is open to all members. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in joining the committee.